Orthodontic Treatment In Bangalore
Orthodontic treatment is a way of straightening or moving teeth, to improve the appearance of the teeth and how they work. It can also help to look after the long-term health of your teeth, gums and jaw joints, by spreading the biting pressure over all your teeth.
Why should I Get Orthodontic Treatment?
- Healthy teeth and gums improve the quality of life and bring a smile on your face.
- So, Orthodontic treatment plays an important role in good oral health and builds self-esteem and confidence.
- As a Result, this is why you must wear braces.
- Therefore, correction with dental braces improves orofacial appearance.
- Braces solve problems like crooked and crowded teeth, incorrect jaw position, underbites, and overbites.
What is the correct age for Orthodontic Treatment
Placement of braces is best done between 10 to 14 years of age. The head and mouth are still growing and teeth are easily accessible to straightening. Thus, braces are not just for kids. Even adults are using braces to correct orthodontic problems and improve smiles and oral health.
In Particular, there are different types of braces, the most popular being metal, ceramic and plastic. Ask the dentist on the type of braces and the line of procedure. Older you are, longer is the orthodontic treatment. You may have to wear full braces between 12-24 months, followed by a retainer. Finally, the wearing of retainer sets and aligns tissues around straightened teeth. Contact the best dentist in Bangalore for braces.
What are the different types of braces used in Orthodontic Treatment
- Metal Braces are the traditional braces which have two basic components. They are the metal bracket applied to teeth and the bendable metal wire threaded through the brackets.
- The wire applies pressure to teeth and moves them to the right position.
- These braces are cheap and teenagers use them for moving teeth into ideal positions.
- Brackets and wires in metal braces can be noticeable and intrusive because of size.
- Technology has made these braces smaller and less noticeable. Modern braces have wires which move teeth quickly and with less pain.
- You get the opportunity to choose the color of rubber bands and the brackets to personalize braces.
- Therefore, metal braces are effective at treating overcrowding of teeth. Your orthodontist enjoys control and can move teeth in small increments at a time.
- Moreover, You don’t have to worry about misplacing the aligners.
Tips to take care of metal braces:
- Avoid chewy foods like caramel and candies which damage braces. Fruits and vegetables may get stuck in braces. Ask your dentist for the list of foods best avoided with braces to reduce tooth cavities.
- Brush and floss regularly to keep braces clean and avoid tooth stains. Your dentist might recommend a special toothbrush to brush and floss braces.
- Finally, never forget follow-up dental appointments.
Ceramic dental braces are made of ceramic compound instead of metal. The material is clear or tooth-colored instead of shiny metal. Your orthodontist uses wires which are the color of teeth, making your braces hard to see.
The cost compared to metal braces are much more and offer faster results. Tooth Colour brackets stain just like real teeth. They are not as tough as metal braces. Ceramic braces take more time to align teeth. So, If you have a sensitive mouth consult the dentist before using ceramic braces. Check the cost of Ceramic Dental braces in Bangalore here.
Orthodontists place traditional metal braces on the front of teeth and lingual braces behind the surface of the teeth. So, this makes braces nearly invisible and ideal for adults.
This type of orthodontic treatment is not for everyone. The teeth have to be long enough to glue the braces on the inside of teeth. Lingual braces are on the back of teeth, so pay special attention to brushing there. Just like other orthodontic treatment, there’s a learning curve for speech. Moreover, do remember that these type of braces take a little longer to correct teeth. Finally, lingual braces are aesthetic but do consult your dentist on challenges before using them.
Self-ligating braces look like conventional braces but without elastic or rubber bands or metal ties. Special clips or brackets help the archwire move teeth into place. Clips allow greater freedom of tooth movement, reducing discomfort.
These braces are less painful than other orthodontic treatments and there are fewer places for plaque and bacteria to collect. Moreover, they may have a shorter procedure period, but they are more noticeable. Brushing and Flossing are not easy.
Invisalign is a state-of-the-art orthodontic treatment. Here the orthodontist doesn’t use braces or wires. It uses clear plastic trays to correct alignment issues. Customized trays help to make the molds. Your dentist gives you a newly customized tray, once in two weeks. However, there is a slight difference between the previous tray and the new tray, issued after two weeks. This helps gradual re-alignment of teeth with time.
Invisalign is expensive and cannot correct severe alignment issues. However, they are more comfortable than traditional braces and are suitable procedures for standard alignment issues.
What happens if you don’t get Orthodontic Treatment
These conditions if left the untreated result in gum disease, tooth decay, headaches, speaking, biting and chewing problems. Contact our dentist nearby who can help you with crooked teeth.