Dental Filling In Bangalore
What Is A Dental Filling?
A dental filling restores the function, integrity, shape, and structure of your teeth, damaged by decay or fracture. Moreover, a Dental restoration closes off the places where bacteria can enter, preventing further tooth decay.
Diva Dental Clinic offers affordable dental filling in Bangalore
If your teeth have a cavity, meet your dentist for a dental filling. You can contact us for a dental filling at an affordable cost.
Why shold you get A Dental Filling?
- For instance, whenever food particles and plaque remain on your teeth for a long time, bacteria can accumulate releasing toxins and acids damaging tooth enamel.
- Afterward, A portion of the tooth chips away from your tooth becoming a cavity.
- In particular, dental filling closes small holes in teeth created by decay-causing bacteria, which helps in protecting teeth.
- If the decay is left untreated it reaches the tooth pulp tissue of the root canal.
- Thus, there may be intense tooth pain and discomfort.
- Hence, The infection could spread further, causing tooth loss.
- Tooth decay causes cavities of all sizes and shapes which require dental fillings.
- In particular, even small cavities in teeth require dental fillings.
- Chewing on hard materials like pencils, slips, and falls or auto accidents results in tooth fracture. Fractured teeth require dental fillings.
- Discoloration of teeth occurs after heavy exposure to wine, coffee, sodas, and candies on the tooth surface.
- A dentist may apply dental fillings to discolored teeth as a cosmetic procedure.
- The entire tooth structure is at risk when dental decay occurs.
- The dentist applies dental filling for enhanced support of the tooth structure.
Dental filling improves tooth surface, aiding the function of the jaw for biting and chewing.
Dental Filling Procedure
First, the dentist informs you about the entire step by step cavity filling procedure. Afterward, he administers a local anesthetic to lessen the discomfort which may occur during the process. Afterward, the dentist uses a drill, air abrasion instrument or a laser to remove damaged tooth parts. An acid gel cleanses the area of bacteria and debris. The dentist applies the filling material to the area and fills the cavity. To place the composite filling, the dentist isolates the affected tooth. This prevents moisture from affecting the bonding process. Composite restoration requires adhesives to bond. The composite material depends on a special bonding light to harden. Finally, the tooth is polished to complete the dental filling procedure. The dentist gives instructions on how to prevent decay from forming underneath the filling. This protects other teeth from decay. Contact the best dentist in Bangalore for a dental filling.
What are the types of dental filling materials?
You can choose from the different types of dental fillings. Each dental filling has a specific set of characteristics.
Dental amalgam is a mix of silver, copper, mercury, zinc, and tin. Dentists find amalgam fillings, easy to place. Moreover, the properties of amalgam make it a strong cement. Amalgam fillings can last for several years. They are strong and can withstand heavy chewing forces.
Amalgam fillings have a few disadvantages. They do not match the color of teeth. They are not resistant to tarnish and corrosion. Non-bonded fillings do not stick to teeth.
Composite resin filling is made up of a mixture of plastic and fine glass particles. These fillings match the color of the front teeth or visible parts of the tooth. They don’t require much drilling, unlike amalgam fillings.
Composite resin fillings may cost a few hundred more than amalgam. Contact dentist nearby who can help you with a composite filling,
Glass Ionomer Filling
They are made of acrylic and a glass component called fluoroaluminosilicate and match the color of teeth. GIC fillings help to fill in areas on front teeth, around tooth neck or at the roots. Glass ionomer fillings are used for severe tooth decay in tooth parts which extend below the gums. They are comparable with composite resin fillings and can last for 5 years. Glass ionomer releases fluoride which prevents further tooth decay. These fillings stick to teeth preventing leakage around the filling.
GIC fillings are stronger than composite resin which can wear or fracture. They don’t match tooth color as precisely as composite resin. Contact Us for a long lasting dental filling.
Are dental filling procedures painful?
Dentists use an anesthetic and there’s no pain during the process. You feel some tingling after the anesthesia wears off. The dentist might give pain relievers to help with soreness after treatment. Contact dentist nearby who can help you with dental fillings.
What is the best material for dental fillings?
Dental composites are best for dental fillings. BPA free nanohybrid composites are the best material for filling tooth cavities. Organically modified ceramics called ormocers are also used in tooth restoration. They are biocompatible and have no toxic material. Contact best dentist in Bangalorefor tooth restoration.
How long does a dental filling last?
Dental fillings can last for years but need to be replaced. Gold fillings can last for 15-30 years. Silver amalgam fillings are known to last for 10-15 years. Composite fillings could last for 5 years. The time frame depends on the pressure of chewing and the size of the cavity.
Do composite fillings fall out?
The composite filling could fall out If you bite too hard substances on a tooth. If saliva gets into the cavity when the filling is placed, it could disrupt the bonding process. This is why you need a good dentist to prevent composite fillings from falling out.The filling could also come out if decay has developed underneath it. Visit the best dentist in Bangalore for dental fillings.