Bad BreathJanuary 28, 2019
Bad breath can be a real embarrassment and makes social interactions difficult. You just have to send bad breath packing. Fortunately, it's not too difficult. It is also called halitosis which is an unpleasant breath that can lead to anxiety. Businesses are ever ready to offer a solution. Shelves are overflowing with gums, mints, and mouthwashes with only a single purpose. Unfortunately, this only gets rid of the symptoms. You need a permanent cure. Contact the best dentist in Bangalore.
What is the most common cause of bad breath?
Poor oral hygiene is the leading cause of halitosis. If you don’t brush and floss daily, food particles get stuck in between teeth. Bacteria builds up on teeth around the gums and on the tongue, producing unpleasant smelling gases. Hence, this causes a smelly mouth. Tooth decay and gum disease follow. Smokers are prone to gum disease. Chewing tobacco-based products stains teeth irritates gums and affects the ability to taste the food. Read the effects of smoking on dental health
What if Bad Breath persists?
This could be a warning sign of gum disease caused by the build-up of a sticky film that coats your teeth called plaque. The millions of bacteria in plaque cause tooth decay and gum disease. Take the help of a dentist to get rid of plaque before you get gingivitis or the inflammation of gums. Hence, Untreated gingivitis leads to periodontitis which is a serious gum infection and can destroy the jawbone. Teeth loosen and fall off. If halitosis persists in spite of brushing, contact the dentist immediately. You could be suffering from gingivitis or periodontitis.
What causes smelly breath even after brushing?
A dry mouth or dehydration causes continuous breathing through the mouth. Eventually, Some medicines you take could cause dry mouth. Saliva protects teeth from cavity-causing bacteria. Thus, the acid produced by plaque and dead cells that accumulate in teeth, gums, and cheeks decompose, causing the smell in breath. Saliva neutralizes acids and washes dead cells away, preventing halitosis
Respiratory infections like pneumonia and bronchitis, diabetes, liver, and kidney problems cause bad smell when you breathe.
Particularly, the foods you eat could be the culprit. Garlic and Onions have a strong odor and brushing and mouthwash, just covers it. So, the odor disappears only when the foods have passed through your body.
Causes of the smelly mouth include poorly fitting dentures, cavities, and yeast infections of the mouth. If dental appliances are causing problems, contact Us for a solution.
Symptoms of bad breath:
Bad smell in breath could be caused by dry mouth, crash dieting, foods of strong odor, smoking, consumption of excess sugary foods and drinks or brushing teeth so hard, gums and tongue bleed.
Therefore, It's time to recognize the symptoms of halitosis. A white coating at the back of the tongue, build-up around teeth and burning tongue, constant sour, bitter metallic taste, and thick saliva with a constant need to clear your throat, are some of the symptoms of halitosis. If you think you’re suffering from the bad smell in your breath, ask a relative or friend to confirm. If you have a constant bad smell in your breath,
How to prevent bad breath?
- Gently brush gums and teeth at least twice a day. Don’t be in a rush. Take at least 2-3 minutes.
- In particular, Use a fluoride-containing toothpaste and a tongue scraper to clean the tongue.
- Clean between teeth at least once a day.
- Go for regular dental check-ups.
- Keep dentures clean and remove overnight. Ask the dentist for the best cleaning product.
- Use sugar-free chewing gum after eating foods of the strong odor. Chewing gum stimulates saliva, keeping the mouth clean.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and replace it once it gets frayed.
- Avoid sugary food and drinks. Drink plenty of water to keep the mouth moist.
- Cut down on smoking and alcohol.
- Avoid stress which can change body odor.
- Daily exercise improves circulation rate keeping harmful bacteria that cause bad breath at bay.
- Good quality sleep strengths immune system.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year to have teeth cleaned and dentures examined.
- Hence, A dentist will detect and treat periodontitis, dry mouth, and other problems that cause halitosis.
This is a question at the top of your mind. How to cure bad smell in your breath permanently? Treating bad breath requires eliminating the cause and preventing it from returning.
Hence, there is no one-time cure for bad breath. Maintain oral hygiene and use the right oral hygiene products. Moreover, Bad breath is curable if you adopt an effective bad breath prevention regimen.
Hence, There’s no need to panic for bad breath. Visit the best dentist in Bangalore and get a solution.
Finally, A dentist is an ally in the fight against bad breath.